Monday 4 November 2013

Bleach London Super Cool Colours Rosé Review



HELLO beautiful's!
 
I'm actually really excited about this blog, since I have recently fell in love.
The affection of my heart has come in the form of Super Cool New Hair Products, Bleach London.
Now, for a girl who is endlessly changing my hair (poor hair) and lacking in any form of giving my poor old barnet a rest every now and then, when I first heard about Bleach London and their products, you could say my ears jumped for joy whilst my hair cried for some sanity.
Naturally a Brunette, I have been messing with my hair since I was about 15 years old.
From stealing my sister's clip in Hair Extensions at a young age, to dying my hair every colour under the sun, I can't actually remember the last time my hair has actually had a nice little holiday (soz)!

Enter, Bleach London.
The stylish, funky brand has seen its way circulate around the hair industry as of late, purely for their amazing colours, exciting new twists on dip-dying products and the ability to transform your hair from flab to fab in about 15 minutes (according to the bottle).




I fell slightly in love with two of the colours, the Parma Violets Super Cool Colour and the Rosé Super Cool Colour.
Unfortunately, for an unknown and depressing reason, the Parma Violets has gone into recall (boo) so I ended up hunting around numerous Boots shops until I found one that actually stocked them.
The colours themselves look quite vibrant and scary to me, someone who has only really ever had the guts to get highlights or dip-dye my hair, instead of actually going for the full bleach blonde look, so I went for the beautiful Rosé Colour.



For only £5, the price for these beautiful bleach's are amazing! And to make it even better, the colours wash out in 2-10 washes. So, if like me, you'd rather test drive the engine before buying the car, or you fancy a different hair colour for the weekend then these are perfect.

My hair before using the bleach was dip-dyed, but since my hair was quite dark before, I would say the ends of my hair were more a dirty-dark blonde than a full on blonde, so I knew that the colour would come out a bit darker than it looked in the bottle.
(It does state on the bottle that the colour works best on light-bleached blonde hair)

The directions are pretty simple too. You shampoo your hair beforehand and wash it out, apply the bleach where you want it, let it set for 15 minutes, then wash out with warm water and hey presto, you have been Bleached London.
No really, it's that simple.



Being the unprepared person I am, I didn't have anything at home to mix the bleach into, so I used the first thing I came across that seemed to do the job; an old unused ashtray.
It actually worked really well and now I have a cool funky bleach stained ashtray that looks like an art piece in itself!

After smothering the ends of my hair in it, I allowed it to set for just over 15 minutes to make sure that I got the best results since my hair isn't a light blonde colour.
I was actually really surprised how NICE the bleach smelt! Usually, from experience, when using Bleach or Hair Dye products, I would have to stick my head out the window for a moment of fresh air, but the smell wasn't overpowering or made me feel like I was suffocating and was quite subtle which was a nice change.

After the 15 minutes, I rinsed the colour out, and watched as the bright pink fell down the plug whole, frightened I had just made a huuuuge mistake!
Instead, I was pleasantly surprised. The colour was subtle, a bit
brighter in places I had focused on a bit more and blended in surprisingly well with what now feels like hundreds of other colours in my hair.
 
 
 



I don't really think the picture does it much justice, but i'm pretty much in love with how it turned out. I've actually done it again since doing this one and moved the colour slightly up my hair a little bit more, so I think it's safe to say i'm a bit addicted.

One of my favourite things about the bleach is how amazingly soft my hair felt afterwards. I have honestly never used a bleach that hasn't dried my hair out before this, so I fell even harder for it when my locks felt brand new.
 
The only downside is that after loving the colour, I wish it lasted a little bit longer since it is only a temporary colour, but I hope after the success of these (even if it's just me buying them for the next few months!) that Bleach London release permanent Super Cool Colour bleach products.
I am now a new bleach convert and my hands are already twitching to try out some of the other beautiful colours!

 
Let me know if you have any other great hair dye/bleach products,
i'm a little bit obsessed now!
 
Pini
x
 
 




















1 comment:

  1. Such a good detailed post; love it. Thanks for sharing :-) Your hair looks great. Bonus that your hair feels soft after too.

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete